Though fundraising is a painful word, I have sought out the easiest and best ways to make the fundraising experience as painless as possible. In the past, we have had an extremely successful campaign known as Serve A Thon. Though effective as a fundraiser, it is a time-consuming endeavor for the coaches. In order to alleviate the pressure on the coaches and players, I have decided to try a new company, Snap Raise, to help with our fundraising efforts. The concepts of Serve A Thon are essentially the same as Snap Raise, however the delivery changes from snail mail to email and the out-of-pocket expenditures go from stamps and envelopes to a processing fee. I have heard great reviews from other coaches concerning the ease and professionalism of this company, and it is my hope that we will continue with Snap Raise into the future.
How to register for snap-raise
1. Go to HWHO.ORG
2. Put in your email and a password you will remember
3. Insert a picture – any good selfie will do
4. Type in your/your child’s name and clicknext
5. Then you will join our fundraiser the code for High School is 368398804 and
Jr. High’s code is 824731206
6. On the new screen, there will be a pop-up that comes up – just close the pop-up.
7. On the right of the screen after you close the pop up you will see “Get the word out”. If you click on the email icon you will have a new pop-up on which you can enter all of the emails and hit send.
8. You will not want to forget this last step. You will want to click on “Select Gear”. If you meet certain levels you can receive prizes, but in order to win a prize, you definitely need to have your 20 emails in.
How to enter more emails after you have already registered.
1. Go to https://snap-raise.com/
2. Click on login on the top right side of the page.
3. After logging in you will close the pop-up and find the mail icon on the right side of the page.
Click on the icon and you can enter the email addresses in and hit send
4. Don’t forget to “Select Gear
I realize that “fundraising” is not the most loved word in the English Language, but it is one of the most important words to keep Martin Tennis operating. Currently, Martin High School is the largest team in Arlington and one of the largest tennis teams in Texas. In order to keep a maximum number of students involved and excited about tennis, we have to raise funds to make up the difference between the district allotment and the actual operating expenses. Specifically, the money will be applied towards equipment (such as, but not limited to, tennis balls, nets, eye coaches, etc.), team bonding experiences, and tournament entry fees.